Tuesday 19 November 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while things are going pretty smoothly here, all settled in and everything :)

So yeah, a MASSIVE, MASSIVE happy birthday (Bon Anniversaire) to my Dad back in New Zealand, I miss you like crazy but  I will see you in not too long now, the hardest bit is over
 :) hope you had a fun day :) love you lots

Also, happy birthday for two days ago to my cousin Michaela :)

Not a whole lot to tell you all about, been getting back into the rhythm of school (the terms here are only seven weeks thank goodness, I'm only four weeks away form the Christmas holidays). I got an 11.5 out if 20 in a test! I know what you're all thinking, English class. In fact: FRENCH. It was a test on a French Poem and I was marked (and Mr Rochelois was insistent on this) JUST LIKE THE OTHER STUDENTS.

Speaking of the language, I think I have the hang of it now. I don't sound at all fluent when I speak but I can pretty much say anything I want to say and with most people I speak solely in French :) It certainly makes class more bearable being able to understand what the teachers are saying. That obviously doesn't include Chinese, I have abandoned all hope of picking up anything other than hello.

Upcoming events are pretty few and far between but I'll let y'all know anyway :) I have another camp in Bordaux in three weeks, and the weekend after that I start the holidays :) I'll be spending the few days before and during Christmas in Poitier with the extended host family, and spending Boxing Day not far from Pau with the other side of the extended host family. Alexia has invited me to hang out with her those holidays too, and hopefully I can spend some time with Taryn as well :)

Also note worthy, I have officially passed the half way mark, I think I have around ten weeks left here! (I'm trying not to count the days). Leaving is going to be really hard I've become quite close with a few people here, but I'll be thrilled to see my family and friends back home too :) I think that exchanges really teach you to appreciate what you have, I certainly feel like I do now :)

That's it for now,
Happy Birthday again Dad! I hope you get to see this on your birthday Skype isn't sending my messages but I'll send you an email anyway and hope that you check it :)

Stay Super,
Holly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment