Saturday 2 November 2013

Carousel!!

Yeah, I went on a carousel. Whatever.

So it's officially the end of the holidays, but these two weeks have been chocked and absolutely fantastic. I'm going to give you a fairly brief account of events:

Stayed the night at Alexias! Her Dad made genuine French cuisine for us it was so so so unbelievably amazing we had foie gras, duck and wow all the French cheese. It was really incredible and the night was so much fun, I feel so lucky to have the friends that I have here.

Did a double sleepover at Taryns! First night at hers, second at mine :) it was really fun I LOVE taking the train by myself I feel so independent :) We did some shopping, rode on a carousel in Tarbes (oh wow it was fun) and just talked about everything. Im so happy that she lives just down the way from me, I didn't really get to know her that much at the departure camp (which sucks because she's amazing) but now I'd easily call her my best friend from AFS.

Met my extended host family on My host mothers side. It was certainly an interesting day, we had lunch and dinner at her mothers house (I have a host grandmother! And a grandfather they're adorable). I really liked Isabelle too, the sister-in-law of my host mother, she was really nice :) Things got loud when an uncle called Riche McCaw a b@$#% though (I defended him sincerely). Next weekend is a big match between the All Blacks and France! NZ is totally going to own ;)

Got invited to lunch with some friends of our neighbours (I didn't understand how we knew anyone there but we all made friends) which was really really nice too. They live in a Spanish style MANSION in the hills, looking out over the Pyrenees and all. I ate so much but it was all so good (I'm going to try to stop describing food on this blog I do it too much).

So that's basically a catch up. I also did an anthology of poetry in French (I'm supposed to be finishing it now but blog takes priority). I've been doing some hardcore Skyping too, thanks to everyone I Skyped, you're all thoroughly interesting to talk to I promise.


Pretty big post for so little news but hey, people are still reading :) Im going to do something emotional and feelsy for the next one, I've been getting all thinky and stuff :)

Stay super,
Ciaaaoooo :$

No comments:

Post a Comment