Thursday 12 December 2013

Trucking Along

Bonjour!

A few little things to catch you all up on :)

First of all SORRY UNCLE STEVE I totally didn't realise I wasn't supposed to open it until Christmas I promise I will hide it from myself until Christmas Day :)

Also, my local chapter of AFS has a new arrival! Actually we have three, but one of them is a girl called Maria from Costa Rica and she is going to my school here! We only had the opportunity to meet up briefly yesterday but she's really nice and we'll be seeing each other again this weekend at the  AFS camp in Bordeaux.

Also, we had our conseil de classe, which is where the two elected student representatives of the class and every single teacher all meet up and discuss the class in general and all of the students one by one. We will all be getting reports soon but the two elected class representatives took notes on all of us (our average scores, teachers comments, etc) and gave them to us in class and I totally have an average of 12.68 out of 20 and I got an encouragement! Which is like a praise thing, not the best you can get but not bad either :)

Also, I had a great weekend. Saturday night I went with my host brother Antoine to see the Hunger Games 2 in the cinema, and it was fantastic! Really an enjoyable movie and I followed the whole story no problem at all :) got back and had dinner at ten at night and watched some of the Miss France competition

Then Sunday, my host parents and I went to St John de Luz. THAT was an incredible day, St John de Luz is absolutely mindblowing and I am DETERMINED to go back there someday. The weather was perfect and we had paninis and ice cream for lunch and took a look around some shops and walked along the beach and we walked up to this point at the end of the bay where you could do a perfect 360 of the entire waterfront and the sea it was just amazing.

VoilĂ . That's the business of late, I'll do another post after the camp to let you know how it all went and stop being lazy and put up some pictures of the snow with Taryn and St John de Luz :)

Stay super,
Holly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment