Tuesday 14 January 2014

Christmas Holidays and Feelsies

So I haven't done a post in a while, I don't even have an excuse. It's the holidays, I've just been lazy :)

Not an unbelievable amount to report, apart from all the Christmas shenanigans which were pretty awesome. The whole family drove on up to Poitiers, where the extended family of my host father all met up for shared merry making :) I'll remember the food all my life I think, it was truly spectacular.

The holidays were fairly tame apart from that, just chilled around the house, the gym was closed and the food was fantastic so you can only imagine how many of my clothes don't fit me anymore :)

I've been back at school for a week now and it's been really good actually, I'm following classes normally and everything (with much, much less motivation to do the work than everyone else of course) and I'm actually really enjoying the things we are studying in French at the moment (Voltaire anyone?).

Last weekend was spent at Laures house which was really cool, it's the first time I've ever been in a bilingual home before, it was so amazing to see how easily everyone in the family could slide from English to French (I participated in said sliding, with a whole lot less ease haha). Laures family is really nice too. We went to bed at six in the morning and woke up at one in the afternoon :D

Also, I've officially passed the two week mark. In twelve days from the minute I write this I'll be standing in the boarding queue to go home. It's a massive thought, and I'm currently in that weird excited-nervous state that I was in exactly two weeks out from leaving New Zealand. It's so bizarre how similar the circumstances have become. I'll be leaving my school, I'll be leaving friends and I'll be leaving a family behind here. I truly feel integrated here, like I'm no longer being taken care of by everyone, but like I'm just THERE, like all these French people are just there.


One thing is for sure though, I'm coming back one day.

Stay super,
And keep reading I'll do another post as the feels rise,
Holly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment