Sunday 6 October 2013

Un Mois

Salut,

Un Mois means one month in French, and to celebrate my one month anniversary here in France, Taryn and I went ALL out shopping in Pau and she stayed the night at mine afterwards :)

I bought clothes from Jennyfer, Bershka and H&M and some shoes from a shoe place I don't remember but they're cute trust me :) It was beautiful weather, apart form two mini torrents that sent us running like absolute butters from bar shelter to bar shelter until we found a cafe and sat down to eat. And on Sunday Taryn and I made an Oreo cheesecake because master chefs.

It was awesome to see someone familiar after so long without it, and incredibly to talk (and we talked for HOURS) about everything we'd been up to. Taryn is now officially the person who knows the most about my exchange so far, and her stories were so, so, so interesting too.



So this month felt like it absolutely flew by. 30 days just doesn't take as long as it used to. My French has definitively improved, even if I don't form the negative how I was taught in class (omg nobody uses the "ne" it's nuts). Keeping busy has helped me a whole lot and I'm enjoying this so, so much now. I wouldn't give up my time here for anything in the world, and I just know that come January I am going to be so sad to leave this place.

I've been keeping a journal too, and today for the first time I went back and read some of what I had written from the beginning of my exchange. Things have changed so much, the initial emotional turbulence has subsided into a kind of constant happiness. I'm so AWARE of how much fun I am having, and how lucky I am to have been giving every opportunity that I have been given. I couldn't have asked for a better setting for my exchange.

Also, I hit 1000 page views just the other day, and my blog is now officially linked on the AFS website, which is awesome. Thanks everybody for checking in, I'm trying my hardest to keep you all perfectly up to date but if you ever have any questions, or comments or you just want to harass me a bit, leave a comment here, on my Facebook, or my email (missanne@hotmail.co.nz). I swear I'm actually a pretty nice person, I will reply.

Stay Super,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment