Thursday 26 September 2013

Happenings

So this is just a general update, let y'all know what's the hishaps around town.

First off, thanks to all my readers! This blog is getting more attention than I thought it would (and more than it deserves probably). And from people I didn't expect too (Hey Mr McConchie!!). Anyway, thanks for stopping in, I feel very loved :)

So that Mal du pays thing is more or less over - I still miss home and everything but not to the point where I would trade any moment here for it. I will come home when January comes, don't you worry, but I'm fully enjoying things here.

I joined a gym too! It's adorable, quite small and 100% females only. There is a cardio section with bikes and cross trainers and every half an hour a circuit class with weight training at one minute intervals and Zumba!! Man, Zumba is fun. The gym keeps me occupied in the afternoons and the endorphins keep me happy and all, it works all round.

Also, next weekend, fellow nz Afs student Taryn Swete is coming up from Tarbes (around 50km away) for a sleepover!! I'll meet her at the train station in Pau at around midday and we will do some much needed clothes shopping in the city centre, I am going to force feed her this caramel de buerre sallé icecream and she will come stay the night at mine. I am so e xcited about this, it'll be awesome to compare experiences so far with another exchange student!!

Speaking of other exchange students, I have my first French chapter meeting on Sunday. In New Zealand these were awkward affairs for me, because most of the time I was the only NZ student there, and all of the international students kind of grouped and spoke in their own language. Now the shoe is thoroughly on the other foot, I'll do another post afterwards to let you all know how it goes.

MUSIC: the music scene here is incredible. I have already been introduced to some French music that I ADORE and an entirely new genre that I cannot stop listening to (its called ambient downtempo but I'm pretty sure it's an acquired taste so don't go googling it and getting your hopes up). Also, (this addressed to the GROUP) my friend Laure loves Lana del Ray! These people are awesome, really.

Also, fun fact, if a teacher can't come into class, neither does the class. Myhistory teacher
feels an impending disaster next Monday which means for me two hours of potentially chilling. Bless this system.


That's all I got for now, but I have no doubt left out vital information. That'll come when I remember it :)

Stay super,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment