Tuesday 10 September 2013

Macdonalds!

So, they actually call MacDonalds "Macdo's" here which is adorable. I only had two classes this morning, French Literature and History, so I got to experience the French fast food first hand (omg alliteration right there).

First, on the classes. French literature is with the same teacher I have for French, M.Rochelois, who speaks really really fast and I don't understand a thing. So today he decided to make ME read ALOUD "Les Contemplations" by Victor Hugo. It sucked, and I struggled unbearably, even the other kids said it was a very hard piece of writing. Here is an excerpt:

Où vont tous ces enfants dont pas un seul ne rit?
Ces doux êtres pensifs que la fièvre maigrit?
Ces filles de huit ans qu'on voit cheminer seules?
Ils s'en vont travailler quinze heures sous des meules

I read more of that aloud to a class full of French kids. I had mixed reviews, Laure said it was cute and some others said I didn't do too bad considering. Never again.

History was unremarkable, and afterwards Laure and Manon and Alexia and I walked down the road, yes DOWN THE ROAD from SCHOOL to MacDonalds, which is situated just behind a SHOPPING CENTRE and ate lunch. It was awesome. The rest had class in the afternoon so I left them to it and walked back to my house (maybe burnt off les frites?).

Technological difficulties with the photos, sorry guys. I am working on it, keep your hats on :) if you want to see photos and you don't have a Facebook or anything email me at missanne@hotmail.co.nz and I will email some photos and also if you want a postcard tell me also and I will see what I can do :)

Also, my blog shows me how many views I get per day and what countries my audiences are coming from, obviously they are concentrated in New Zealand, but I just wanted to give a little hey to my apparent Russian viewers out there too. I don't know you guys, but hello anyway. Thanks for checking in.

Stay super,
Holly :)


1 comment:

  1. Hola Holly, yo soy tu amiga de AFS. si viste que algunos de tus vistas son de Argentina, yo soy uno de ellos! me alegro mucho que estas bien y estas en el lugar de tus sueños :) que divertirse un monton y acuerdas a sacar muchos fotos!!!

    Hey Holly, I'm your AFS friend. If you saw that some of your views are from Argentina, I am one of them! I am happy that you are ok and are in the place of your dreams! Have a lot of fun and remember to take many photos!

    Jacquie :) xo

    ReplyDelete