Tuesday 10 September 2013

Lycée days


So, nobody should have to go through their first day of high school twice, and the second in the wrong language but there you go. I did it. And it was so much weirder than I thought it would be! I had Chinese, because I am an absolute nutter and chose to learn CHINESE in FRENCH, and the teacher is a darling. My French teacher was a'ight as was my history teacher. English lit and English were an obvious breeze. I won't have so many classes on other days thank goodness. Tomorrow it's two morning classes and then I'm free as a bird people.

The canteen food was so good oh my goodness we are talking French bread, apple yoghurt, me a meat stuffed tomato with potato and rice. Warm. I had lunch with my host sister Marion and her friend too which was cool. I was also introduced to a girl named Laure, who speaks a little English and she helped me to sort out a timetable kerfuffle and then I hung out with her and Alexia and Manon, who are all absolutely awesome.

After school my host father took me to get a photo for my bus pass, and we did some groceries in a massive everythingstore just down the road from the house. We also bought Yop. I think I am going to invest in the export/import industry so we can have Yop in New Zealand. It is a thick, yoghurt like drink that I am becoming dangerously fond of. 

We had a fantastic dinner too, bread and mushroom soup for the entree and a tomato ham tart for dinner then yoghurt and fruit and chocolate fish for dessert. With Yop.

I got to talk to some of you all recently, which was awesome. Thank you to everyone who dropped me a line, even if or especially if we don't usually talk. Special shout outs to the following:

Andi: duh. It is awesome talking to you and just getting stuff out there, your Skype message board is more or less my personal diary and i miss you like nuts but it isnt forever and I will try to send you the best French food when I can get out and do some shopping.
Blair: thank you for the news of back home too, it is good to keep up with current events, and the Facebook convos you and Andi are my therapists seriously
Mum: so, so good to keep in touch with you, we will have to sort out a Skype date soon, so we can talk face a face :) my host family don't seem to like the milk biscuits!! Woooohoooo. Miss you obviously but again I will return with lots of stories sooner than you think
Dad: I miss you tons and tons as well, check your Skype! But again thank you for all the support and everything, we will talk son I hope.

Well that is it for today, next post will hopefully include some long overdue pictures :)

Say super,
Holly :)



No comments:

Post a Comment