Monday 9 September 2013

Paris mainly and some other stuff

Oh wow this post is so overdue.

So flying kind of sucked, in that I cannot sleep on planes and I was travelling for a straight 26 hours or so. But the food was good, surprisingly, and the company had its moments. I met an Italian guy named Pierdro who was COVERED in tattoos and awesome to talk to and a French woman who helped me to practise. Watched so many movies too, and listened to the reasonable selection of music. Go emirates.

Paris was amazing. It would be hard for it not to be I suppose. There were around 300 kids from all over the world at this camp, which was hectic as hell but so much fun. Special shout outs to Paula from Finland, Isaac and Thomas from Iceland, Maria from Brazil and Alvaro from Paraguay. There were tons more awesome people there but that is it for now.

We walked under and around the Eiffel Tower, which was bigger and better than anything I had expected. Took a bucketload of cool Eiffel Tower photos and did a bus tour of Paris, which was awesome.



Lessons for us kiwi kids were led by a French boy named Jules, who was awesome and very understanding. Also, he introduced me to "princes" which are these French biscuits from heaven which I also took photos of. 

I caught the TGV (very fast train) to Pau with Taryn and Alvaro, which was neat. Had some embarrassingly failed French conversations and freaked out about meeting my host family.
I was so proud when we pulled into pau because it was the prettiest thing I had seen since we left
Paris, or maybe Bordeaux. And my host family was waiting for me with a big sign saying saying welcome.

My host father, Daniel, and sister Marion and brother Antoine and some ladies from AFS went for a drink at a cafe next to the station and discussed some basic things, and then we came back to the house. My room is beautiful, and on a good day I will have a view of the Pyrenees. I have just unpacked and figured out the ground rules with my family. More soon dears

Stay super
Holly



No comments:

Post a Comment